LTIIA welcomes the B20’s Policy Recommendations to the G20, as part of its engagement within the B20 Task force on Financing Growth and Infrastructure.
The B20 Communiqué was handed over to Argentine President and G20 President at the B20 Summit on October 5th.
LTIIA is proud to have taken an active role in discussing the recommendation “Boosting Investment in Infrastructure” in contribution to SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure and SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
In particular, LTIIA’s participation has been instrumental in shaping the following recommendations:
Develop Infrastructure as an Asset Class
- Improve project pipeline
- Standardize risk/return profiles
- Enhance the role of Multilateral Development Banks
Increase the Impact of PPPs
- Clarify the role of PPPs and develop a competitive governance framework
- Promote executional excellence
Financial Framework to Strengthen Infrastructure Financing and Long-term Growth
- Promote regulatory consistency and reduce compliance arbitrage
- Encourage sustainable development financing
Read below the full B20 Communiqué and find on page 18- 26 the recommendations related to the second pillar on promoting growth.